Real Time's dynamometer upgrades typically involve the replacement of an outdated control system with the ARTIC-1 or ARTIC-2. Sometimes the upgrade requires the replacement of the original drive, and sometimes the dynamometer absorber, as well. We retain whatever parts we can, and do what is necessary to make the system work as specified by the customer.
These are the kinds of upgrades we have done to date:
- Supply custom software to allow existing dynamometers to communicate with a network or host computer.
- Convert DC motor dynamometers to AC motors and vector drives.
- Replace old dynamometer control systems with new Real Time ARTIC controllers.
- Convert an old 2WD car dynamometer to a motorcycle dynamometer.
- Convert two 2WD dynamometers into a single 4WD dynamometer.
- Add data acquisition features to existing dynamometers.
- Increase power absorption rating of dynamometers.
- Convert dynamometers used in mileage accumulation to certification grade machines.
- Upgrade speed and torque measurement hardware.
- Partial replacement of hardware (e.g., replace rolls, motor, drive and control system, keeping original pit and fan.